What will you learn?
As mentioned, this course is in collaboration with the Israeli Tactical School. This is a well-known and respected counter terror & protection academy. So, you can be safe in the knowledge that everything you learn is delivered by experts that live and breathe these situations. The course structure is very much practical, and you will walk away with so much more confidence in your handgun-wielding ability.
Some of the things you’ll learn include:
- General Firearm inspection and operation: This is just a refresher for those who have not trained in a while or are unfamiliar with the weapons we use during the training.
- Shooting fundamentals review: This is a top-down review of shooting fundamentals to get anyone back on track if they have not been down their sights for some time.
- Point-Shooting: Understanding the natural aim of a shooter’s body can aid in the shooting response time of a protector. A shooter has the ability to shoot accurately at short distances without using the sights. Each student will find their natural point of aim.
- Trigger Reset manipulation: Each firearm has a reset point that, when manipulated properly, can allow for rapid-fire in specific situations. Students will find this reset on their pistol and learn to rapid-fire if necessary.
- Immediate Action drills/ Magazine Changes: Immediate action drills and magazine changes are universal to most classes, so this portion will be a review for most, but we will show you some tricks of the trade to make things a little easier, quicker, and more reliable for these occurrences.
- Limited Penetration: Students will learn techniques that allow for limited penetration when clearing rooms.
- Executive Protection/ Active Shooter Response: As a protector, you may have to draw your pistol with a client nearby. These drills will help you understand your space in a fight and maintain awareness of your client’s position at the same time.
- Stress-based scenario-training: No course is complete without simulation training where you’re put in scenarios that are likely to happen in real life. Can you cope with pressure and stress? This is how you find out and how you improve. These drills will be conducted with airsoft and UTM.